Ombrello da Trekking

Secondo me l'ombrello con il trekking e l'avventura c'entra come il cavolo a merenda. :rofl:

mah, un ombrello durante il trekking e le escursioni?
Sinceramente e' l'ultima delle cose che io mi porterei e che acquisterei :)

premesso che anche io la penso così...però mi viene in mente un aneddoto...
quando ho fatto il corso di alpinismo, alla prima uscita (che sostanzialmente era un test per vedere se tutti avevamo un livello di preparazione fisica decente) il tempo non era molto bello...
si mette a piovere, tutti noi allievi indossiamo le nostre giacche goretex super-mega-tecniche-spaziali, mentre alcuni istruttori (gente che ha salito il Cervino, la Cresta dell'Innominata e altre vie importanti sulle Alpi...insomma, non i primi che passano) tirano fuori i loro ombrelli e via...
ovviamente c'erano le condizioni per poterlo fare, il sentiero era largo e non c'era bisogno di utilizzare le mani e non c'era vento...però la cosa mi ha fatto sorridere :D

Ultima modifica:
C'e' l'ho!....:)

ma non quel tipo, quello con la cupola metallizzata.

Da considerare che negli USA ma sopratutto in Australia, per via delle migrazioni storiche i fenonotipi nordici, germanici, anglosassoni si sono venuti a trovare in climi desertici e alle basse latitudini. Il cancro della pelle e' frequente: I governi fanno delle campagne molto esplicite contro le tintarelle, e tutto puo' servire per proteggersi dal sole.

Referenze:

Skin Cancer - Key statistics

Don't Fry: Preventing Skin Cancer | American Cancer Society

e poi, dopo tutto, si chiama OMBR-ello, non PIOGG-ello. :)

Hi there,

trekking with an umbrella is quite popular in Germany. Why? There are several reasons.

First:
An outdoor Umbrella is quite cheap. It starts about 30 Euros and the more expensive ones cost about 60 Euro. Please compare that with a real good Gore Rain jacket. Nowadays a real good rain jacket costs about 250 till 600 Euros.

Second:
Classical Rain jackets tend to have problems nowadays. They are not as durable as they were once. You spend a lot of money, but soon there is a problem somewhere. A lot of people waste a lot of money on jackets. Event tends to delaminate, Gore Active Shell starts already to delaminate when you look at it the wrong way, Paclite has also it limitations regarding durability and Gore Pro is quite expensive.
The Trekking Umbrella from Euroschirm has proven to be quite durable.

Third:
The best way not to sweat, to have maximum breathability, is to not wear an rain jacket at all. With an umbrealla you have maximum breathability. Normally a windjacket (Pertex) or an Softshell will take care for the wind.

Fourth:
Your rain jacket will not be breathable anymore once the upper fabric is soaked with water. But if you have an umbrella, this wont happen.

Fifth:
An umbrella is excellent in the summer. I used an umbrella myself in Italy. No need for sunscreen, and in case of a sudden "temporale" I always had the right stuff with me.

Cheers

Io credo che Crafter intenda la Swing Liteflex
ce l'ho anchio
usata in estate durante un acquazzone di quelli tosti con venti forti durato un'oretta,
l'ho rimessa a posto e non l'ho più usata
l'esperienza non mi è piaciuta
fatta bene, ma secondo me è piccola di diametro per essere efficace in quelle condizioni.
prendeva molto vento, più grande però ne prenderebbe ancor di più.

Regarding quality:
Here is one guy who tests his umbrella in heavy wind.

I remember that he told me that there were some problems because of torsion, but the umbrella was still fine.
Well, an umbrella is nothing usefull in this heavy wind. But it´s nice to know that it wont break, even in extreme conditions.

By the way, this guy did write a quite cool book about ultralight trekking. But sadly it´s just written in german.

Ultima modifica di un moderatore:
mi pare sia questo, in "silver".

SWING - trekking umbrella fiberglass frame - Euroschirm - Eberhard G�bel GmbH + Co

Mi sembra anche la go-lite ne faccia uno.
GoLite Chrome Dome Trekking Umbrella

Direi che forse le condizioni in Italia non sono propense per considerare un ombrello, ma per esempio in situazioni del genere, puo' essere utile:

image09.png

Oppure in posti dove la pioggia cade ad acquazzoni e fa' caldo: niente pioggia, poi diluvio per 10 minuti poi niente.

There is also an umbrella from golite, but there are more different models from Euroschirm. I personally like those umbrellas with the silver coating, but acutally this coating isnt as durable as it could be. The umbrella stays waterproof, but the reflective coating will disapear over the time.

An umbrella is also an excellent choice when you take photos. You can attach an umbrella to a lot of backpacks and so you have both of your hands free.
I also like Umbrellas when it is snowing.

An umbrella is an bad choice when you are in the mountains, when there is really heavy rain or when there is high wind combined with heavy rain.

An umbrella is an excellent choice for normal and light rain. My personal experience: 10 guys, 9 with classical rain jackets and 1 with an umbrella. There was normal and light rain all the time. Guess who stayed dry, it was me with the umbrella. Some rainjackets had little holes, some seams were leaking. An other guy just had a lot condensation because he was sweating a lot.

And trekking with an umbrella doesnt have to look strange:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OuLlfDvjKfk/UM88CNYVaVI/AAAAAAAAD4U/YoGvCRCuasg/s1600/P1040059.JPG

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-v4XVil-Ylz8/THY3l6AFomI/AAAAAAAACdM/dYHZK83ISZY/s1600/IMGP1482.JPG

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_aE5fckcgVVU/Sp6xoRjCF7I/AAAAAAAAAvE/szkioIWY2kk/s1600-h/Schottland%2008.jpg

You can also you an Umbrella to extend your tarp:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/k6f8QeCz1iVHRbdglxEm9HY4F0LsyvcDtI3V-sKJOaA?feat=embedwebsite

Ah, and finally me using an Umbrella. In Italy during August while everybody else was at the beach or up in the mountains.:rofl:
DSC00667_Kopie.jpg

Alto Basso